Why take the Self-Study Course?
You may want to take the Self-Study Course because you use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and you want information about:
- Supporting a young person who uses AAC
- Supporting a parent of a child who uses AAC
- Communication access rights
- Participating on a committee
- Making a presentation
Who can take the course?
- The course is designed for adults who use AAC, over the age of 18 years.
How much does it cost?
- It’s free.
How long will it take to do the course?
- Everyone is different. We suggest you take your time. It might take 15 – 45 minutes for a lesson. Some of the lessons are very short.
What do I get at the end of the course?
- There is no certificate or a qualification for this course.
What if I find a lesson too difficult?
- There is no obligation to complete the lessons. You may want to ask someone to assist you or to try one of the other lessons.
What if I don’t have the time?
- You can stop and start the lessons whenever you want.
Is there an instructor?
- Unfortunately, we do not have instructors at this time. We suggest you may want to do some of the lessons with a family member, friend or AAC clinician.
Is the online course available in French?
- At this time the online course is available in English only.